- I am a multi-media artist. My work is inspired by my russian heritage, my past memories, and my unconscious connection to Eastern European mythology. My images represent the conflict between conscious desire and collective human experience. As expressions of the psyche, they are at once fragmented and primordial, chaotic and yet signifying of a deeper narrative lying just beneath the understanding.
- As well as paintings and sculptures, I create geometrical structures made of burnt wood. These are arranged to allow viewers to walk inside and look around. This symbolizes my personal feelings, the varieties of choices we have in our lives, and the personal discomfort we have in making descisions.
VARIETIES OF HUMAN EXPERIENCES.
Any life form is composed of the same matter, connected with some energetic thread. My current work is an expression of a conflict between humans physical desire and a search for a spiritual meaning. My imaginary is a representation of the conflict between conscious desire, collective human experience, and a deeper motivations of the spirit As a human being with a conscious and unconscious life, the creative process seems unpredictable to me.
Found surfaces, with their animated textures, extraordinary colors, strange shapes, and unknown histories, bring a new dimension to my art. They suggest images to me that I expand upon and incorporate into my work.
20-26 March 2012
Solo show in Sculpture Gallery , LIU Post, Brookville, NY.
14-16 May 2012
Group Exhibit in Ulsan University, Ulsan, South Korea.
17-19 May 2012
Group Exhibit in Keimyung University, Daegu, South Korea.
20-22 May 2012
Group Exhibit in Honam University, Gwangju, South Korea.
23-25 May 2012.Group Exhibit in Sungshin Womens University, Seoul, South Korea.
15 June- 21 July 2012
Group show in Hutchins Gallery , LIU Post, Brookville, NY.
12-18 October 2012
Group show in Greenpoint Gallery, Brooklyn, NY.
8-20 December 2012
Group show Glenwood Arts, Glenwood, NY,
January 11-31, 2013.
Group show in The Creative Arts Studio of Sea Cliff, Sea Cliff, NY,
April 14- May 4, 2013
Group show in The Creative Arts Studio of Sea Cliff, Sea Cliff, NY.
February 19-23, 2013
Solo Show in Hillwood S.A.L Gallery, Greenvale, NY .
October 15- November 5, 2014
Group show in West Park Gallery, NY,
October 20-November 10, 2014
Group show in Mills Pond House Gallery, NY.
December 17- February 8 , 2014
Group show in Glenwood Arts, Glenwood, NY,
December 17- January 20, 2014
Group show in Space 776, Brooklyn, NY,
December 20-January 20, 2014
Group show in West Park Gallery, Manhattan, NY.
March 9- April 2, 2014
3 people show in South Huntington Library Gallery, Huntington, NY
April 2-6, 2014
Affordable Art Fair, Manhattan, NY
April 3- May 12, 2014
Group show in Steinberg Museum, Greenvale, NY
April 6 , 2014
Group show in Coohaus Gallery, Chelsea, NY
John Mainente Award for Best Art Direction for a Non-Thesis Film for "The invitation" , 2012.
20-22 May 2012 “Art in New York” ; Honam University, Gwangju, South Korea.
23-25 May 2012 “Art in New York” ; Womens University, Seoul, South Korea.
· List of private collections upon request.
· Illustrations upon request.
· Film props and set designs upon request.